Oh snap, that new new is launched dude!
As I'm writing this, I just remembered that I planned to launch V2 at the end of April. I did it!
Please give it an upvote on ProductHunt!
Over the past 24 hours, I've been taking in early feedback ranging from UI, UX, and backend issues. As you can imagine, there's still a lot to do.
Here's a list of what you can currently do as a user:
- import/export domains (a template is provided for importing).
- add domains and registrar/expiration info will automatically get added (in most cases)
- add wishlist domains
Not a huge list but I think the main draw will be the personal analytics. To my knowledge, no other registrar does this and they certainly don't allow you to see the domains you have registered elsewhere. Here is what you can expect to see after adding domains:
- a conversational readout of your domain portfolio
- total number of domains
- number of domains renewing this month
- number of domains renewing this year
- number of domains renewing next year
- total number of TLDs (the text after the period in URLs,
- total number of registrars (the companies you buy your domains from)
- your favorite registrar
- your favorite TLD
- total amount of money you're spending annually to renew your domains
- your cheapest domain
- your most expensive domain
You can also see this data in chart form, which is arguably much more impressive-looking. Currently, the visual data displays:
- the number of domain renewals occurring per month
- the amount of money you're paying per month
- the amount of money you pay each registrar per year
- the number of domains you've registered per registrar
- the amount of domains you own per TLD
Those screenshots above are from my own domain portfolio and I can gleam some interesting information from the data...
- I already knew this, but most of my domains come from Tucows, the parent company of Hover.
- Three times a year, I seem to get a burst of inspiration and buy domain names. Also, I need to check what month it is before buying something extravagant.
- My favorite TLDs are
.com(my first domain name was
pw-software.comand it's still live to this day).
Anyhoo, all this to say that V2 of BeachfrontDigital is live and available at beachfront.digital. Check it out and let me know what you think! 🕸